Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter

Biblioteca digitale (en)

Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA E COLLEGIO DEI GESUITI

 
Church and college of Gesuiti (Jesuits)

The complex has mannerist architectural canons used by the Jesuits in the second half of the XVI century. The layout of the church, the biggest in Marsala after the Mother Church, and in a Latin cross. The façade is divided into sections of pilasters in tuff. Annexed to the church are the rooms of the Collegio, in which there is a quadro-doorway which suffered the effects of the 1943 bombardment.

The college was used by the Jesuits, who taught there, until 1767, date in which they were expelled from Sicily.  The rooms passed to the order of the knights of San Giorgio, to return to the Jesuits in 1813, who lost it definitively Garibaldi, by dictatorial decree, made the property state owned.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)