Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

Fardelliana Library, ex-Church of S. Giacomo Maggiore

 
  • Fardelliana Library
  • Fardelliana library
Fardelliana library

Built in the thirteenth century by the Order of the Knights of Saint James of Spain, it hosted those who left for the Crusades. After the suppression of the Order, the church, in 1555, was entrusted to the Charity of the Holy Cross Society, also known ad the “Bianchi” by the noble of Trapani. The brothers, wore white habits and had the task of burying the corpses of the poor, console those sentenced to death and to bring peace to private disputes. In the 18th century it was donated to the municipality to use it as a public library dedicated to lieutenant General Giovan Battista Fardella.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)