Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

COLLEGIO DEI GESUITI

 
College of the Jesuits

The monumental construction was built around 1675 to the plans of the Jesuit architect  Giaconda Napoleon, who may have been assisted by Angelo Italia. The imposing baroque doorway with four  telamons supporting the capitals and the trabeation, the quadrangular courtyard with 24 columns and centric arches and the sumptuous stairway are indications of the prestige of the Company of Jesus.
Inside it holds the Civic museum which is organised in archaeological, medieval and contemporary sections and which also holds a collection of works by Pietro Consagra.
Connected to the Collegio, as the ex church of Sant’Ignazio, built in 1701 in an elliptical layout to the plans of Giacomo Italia, now in ruins after its collapse in 1936.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)