Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

EX CONVENTO DEI CAPPUCCINI

 
Ex Convent of Cappuccines

Built around the end of the XVIII century, on land bought by Prince Fabrizio Alliata the construction of which he also paid for and who gave an income and food to the friars of the cult, and looked after the maintenance of the structure. The church, inserted into the body of the monastery had a single nave, which was entered into through a fine doorway crowned by a robust mixtilinear frame. The monastery was made up of sixteen ground floor rooms, some with curved ceilings and thirty-one on the first floor connected with long corridors. From 1927 to 1963 it was used as a hospital and later as a school; It was recently restructured and consolidated by the insertion of new metallic structures. 

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)