Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA DEL PURGATORIO

 

Built between 1642 and 1664 on the site of a pre-existing church, it has a splendid eighteenth century façade with late-mannerist and baroque elements, which make it a decorative part of the square. The interior (used today as an auditorium), with a nave and two aisles divided by columns, is richly decorated with stuccoes and frescoes: The decoration of the apse is by Nicola and Gaspare Curti from Castelvetrano carried out in 1746. the large canvas on the main altar depicting La Trinità, la Vergine e le Anime Sante del Purgatorio - the Trinity, the Virgin and the Saintly Souls of Purgatory- now transferred to the Mother Church, is attributed to Olivio Sozzi

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)