Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA DI SANTA MARIA DELLE GRAZIE

 
Santa Maria delle Grazie Church

La church of Madre di Petrosino, built in 1745, was initially of smaller dimensions compared to now but from 1845 it was enlarged until it obtained its present layout, in order to better satisfy the needs of an increasingly large population. Entrusted to the Francescani, as shown by the simulacrum of Santo di Paola, from 1881 it carried out parochial functions delegated by the Mother church of Marsala,  and later became Prima Parrocchia - First Parish  outside Marsala.
The façade with a Neo-Gothic doorway, is today enriched with a mosaic depicting la Madonna con il Bambino – Madonna with child. The bell tower has been rebuilt in a modern style. The interior with a wooden roof and lateral aisles has a modern main altar in marble. 

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)