Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA DEL COLLEGIO DEI GESUITI

 
  • Church del Collegio
  • Church del Collegio
  • Church del Collegio
Church del Collegio

The original layout of the church of the Jesuits dated back to the mid XVII century, but die to a collapse in 1696 it was rebuilt to the plans of a Jesuit from Salemi Vincenzo Cascio who completed it in 1703. The façade, divided by framework in local stone campanedda, is brightened by the animated main door with four twisted columns, baroque decoration and a raised gable. The interior has a main nave and two side aisles with rounded arches. The organ painted with flowers and gold plate (1711) is interesting. Today the church  functions as the Mother Church after the collapse of the previous one following the earthquake of 1968.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)