Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CAMPANILE DI SAN FRANCESCO

 
Campanile of San Francesco

The only remaining element of the oldest monastery complex in Partanna, is the high bell tower, which stands out, now on its own and which functions as a clock tower: It was added to the church in 1650, nearly tow centuries after the entrusting of the church of Maria della Catena extra moenia to the Francescani (1484) di Santa, next to which, in 1523, the monks had built their monastery. From the church which was renovated in the XVIII century (1765), after the demolition of 1968, parts of walls with stuccoes and part of the apse area remain. Inside two eighteenth century niches in the bell tower there are the statues of San Francesco d’Assisi and the Immacolata. The pyramidal spire was rebuilt in the 1990s.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)