Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA MADONNA DEL ROSARIO

 
Madonna del Rosario Church

Commonly referred to as Chiesa della Madonna di l’agnuni (Madonna of the corner), presumed to be of Norman origin, the church is mentioned from 1423. Above the entrance door one can admire a beautiful fifteenth century bas-relief in marble of the Gagini school, depicting la Madonna col Bambino  con S. Nicolò- the Madonna with child and St Nicholas (on the right) and un eremita dinanzi al Crocifisso- a hermit in front of the crucifix (on the left). The simple inside, with one nave and a single altar seems to have been made deliberately meagre so as to protect it from thieving pirates. For the same reason, the Holy Eucharist, the holy oil and the baptism fountain for the Mother Church were once kept in the small church of S. Nicolò inside the castle.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)