Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA MADRE

 
  • Mother Church
  • Mother Church
  • Mother Church
Mother Church

Founded in 1623, restructured in the mid XVIII century on the designs of the architect G. B. Amico, from Trapani, it was completed in the 1950s.  It is dedicated  to Santa Caterina d’Alessandria, patron saint of Paceco. The inside with a single nave is decorated with eighteenth century stuccoes: The four large altar pieces belonging to the Partenopeo ambient (end XVII – beg. XVIII century), on the lateral altars are interesting. They were donated by the Church of Princess Esse Maria Anna Fardella Sanseverino. The coat of arms of the two families are at the bottom on the right, in the canvas depicting l’Immacolata Concezione-the Immaculate Conception .

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)