Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

CHIESA DEI SS.PAOLO E BARTOLOMEO

 
  • Church of SS.Paolo e Bartolomeo
  • Church of SS.Paolo e Bartolomeo
  • Church of SS.Paolo e Bartolomeo
Church of SS.Paolo e Bartolomeo

Built in 1615 on the site of the abolished Ospedale degli Incurabili (hospital for incurable people), it took on its present appearance in 1689 following work by Giovanni, Francesco and Cristoforo Fica from Trapani. The façade with its robust framework dates back to 1782. The splendidly decorated inside is a perfect expression of Alcamo Baroque style. Red marble columns, from the quarries of Mount Bonifato, divide the inside into a nave and two side aisles in the shape of a Latin cross with a large transept and rectangular apse in which is found a large canvas depicting the Santa titular, by Giuseppe Felicia from Trapani (1701). The dense plastic-pictorial decoration is brightened by extremely refined stuccoes by Vincenzo and Gabriele Messina and by valuable frescoes by Antonio Grano.

It is the best expression of Baroque style from Alcamo (XVIII century).



Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)