Where is

MAP OF THE PROVINCE

Organize your holiday

 archeology
 art and culture
 sea
 monuments and museums
 nature
 typical dishes and products
 sports and wellness
 tradition and religion

mobile

Visit the mobile version of the portal optimized for iPhone and Android

Twitter

Follow us on Twitter
Lascia un feedback per questo contenuto (en)

Ligny Tower

 
Ligny Tower

Built in 1671 by the order of the order of the Prince of Ligny (or Lignè), Captain of the Reign of Sicily, according to the plans of Carlos of Grunembergh, to increase the coast line’s defence. It had four sentries and lanterns that allowed it to communicate with the other towers of the coast. Until 1862, it was a fort equipped with canons and after that it was used to control traffic. The tower had a strategic position that allowed it to control the two seas (Mediterranean and Tyrrheanian), the Egadi Islands and all the coast line up to the foot of Mount Erice.

Vedi comune di appartenenza (en)